WSQ: Home of WoodturningFor more than 35 years.
- WSQ has equipped many men and women of all ages with the skills to design and to create beautiful objects from timber and other materials for their own and others’ enjoyment.In fostering the pursuit of excellence in the art and craft of woodturning in its various forms, WSQ:
- Provides a safe and supervised workshop environment for members to learn and to practise woodturning skills
- Engages local, Australian and international turners to demonstrate their expertise and to conduct hands-on workshops so that members can observe, learn new skills and techniques, and perhaps even go on to become recognised turners in their own right
- Encourages members to attend major woodturning events such as “Turnfest” to expand their woodturning knowledge and horizon
- Encourages members to improve their competency and confidence levels by participating in the Society’s annual competition and externally organised craft displays Facilitates ongoing contact with kindred clubs to exchange ideas and to build knowledge
- Participates with community organisations in providing one-on-one tuition in woodturning for those with special needs as part of those organisations’ development programs
- Through its Toy Group, manufactures a variety of children’s toys for donation to charitable organisations at Christmas time
- Maintains an extensive library of woodturning and woodworking books, DVDs and magazines • Undertakes selected commissions on an ad hoc basis through individual skilled members or on a project team basis
- Promotes public awareness of the Society in general and the art and craft of woodturning in particular through exhibitions, trade shows, open days, library displays and community events
- Organises Christmas party and other social events for members and their partners.
- Our monthly program includes the following events:
- Every Tuesday morning Hands-on Workshop 8.00 am – noon Every Tuesday afternoon New member training & DVA 1.00 – 3.30 pm members Every Tuesday evening Hands-on Workshop 6.00 – 9.00 pm 2nd and 4th Thursday mornings Paid tuition 9.00 am – 12.30 pm First Friday Open Workshop and Toy Making 9.00 am – 3.00 pm
- Third Saturday Forum meeting 9.00 am – noon Fourth Saturday Woodturning demonstration 9.00 am – noon
On Judgement day: An On line article written by Australian Wood review